Ready to sell your Colorado home? There are a myriad of ways that paying attention to tiny items can equal BIG MONEY or maybe a faster time frame for your sale. But you must know how to highlight just the right items in just the right way to bring just the right attention to them!
Here are a few things to get ideas flowing: (and remember, your local RE/MAX Alliance Associates, Steven Noel and Chris Martinez, have lots more to share with you!)
· Floors can be a major selling factor. Don’t leave a potential buyer guessing, instead, let the floors shine by removing overly large rugs that hide them from view (Beautiful wood flooring under the carpet but not sure about removing the carpet? Post a 3×5 card indicating THIS CORNER can be pulled up for a peek underneath!)
· Does the home have historic value? Include a print out of the background, and even if it doesn’t, buyers might love reading the story of the home. PRINT IT and leave copies out
· If you are located in a particularly outstanding school district – PLAY THAT UP by posting relevant articles or print a page from the internet about the school district
· What woman won’t fall in love with SPACIOUS CLOSETS? Clear out as much as possible to highlight the gobs and gobs of room they offer
Smart home features are desirable, make sure yours on ON STAGE when buyers come calling
· POINT OUT high end appliances; don’t hope they get noticed, make sure they do
Sometimes the great features that drew you to a home aren’t as obvious or easily highlighted. It may be that we take them for granted or forget they are there if we don’t use them ourselves regularly. When that’s the case, at sale time you need to make them obvious!
Don’t assume your agent or a buyer’s agent will know about all the special features of a neighborhood or where they are located. Especially with an out of the area buyer or agent unfamiliar with the details of your neighborhood, you need to be purposeful about them discovering these features. One of them could possibly be what seals a deal that sells your home.
· DISPLAY PICTURES of that terrific park where the kids play or that special DOG PARK