1. Hire a true bathroom renovation expert. A bathroom renovation is one of the most complex renovations. You’ll need a specialist not a jack-of-all-trades. Someone who will know all the issues that will need to be dealt with.
2. Make sure there is a showroom. Here you can see typical bathroom displays and the quality of the workmanship. You have somewhere to go and someone to speak with should issues arise.
3. Ask for three references. These should include a) a current project being worked on b) a project that is 3 to 6 months old, and c) a project that is about a year old. If you can see the work previously done, all the better.
4. Make sure you have a realistic budget. Include everything for the project that you want done (pay close attention to this). Never hire someone to do your project because of a low price or just because it fits your time frame.
5. Stay away from cash deals. They mean no paperwork, no warranty, and nowhere to turn if there are problems afterwards.