Don’t bother getting a pen and paper… just read… if you can’t
answer them, just keep going.
1. Name the three wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last three Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last three winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name three people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last three Academy Award winners for Best Actor and Actress.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remembers the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They’re the best in their fields. But the applause go away and the awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. Name three teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name three people who have taught you something worth while.
4. Think of the last three people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of three people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life aren’t the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They’re the ones who care.